Paul L. Cannon
Paul Cannon joined the firm in 1982. With a background in business and accounting, Paul’s practice includes the representation of individuals in the identification and design of appropriate business and financing structures to address the client’s unique family and business needs.
In addition, Paul assists the firm’s corporate clients in the negotiation and implementation of transactions involving the sale, acquisition, merger and reorganization of business entities.
Over the past 30 years, Paul has worked extensively with the firm’s banking and trust clients, including representation in acquisitions, contracting, compliance, and in loan and securitization transactions.
Current Employment Position(s):
- Shareholder, President and CEO
Areas of Practice:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Business Organizations & Planning
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas, 1982 J.D.
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas, 1979 B.B.A.
- Major: Business Administration (Accounting Concentration)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, Abilene Young Lawyers Association, 1990
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Director 1989 – 1991
- Abilene Young Lawyers Association, President 1989 – 1990
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- YMCA of Abilene, Chairman of the Board 1991 – 1993
- Abilene Planning and Zoning Commission, Chairman 1992 – 1994
- United Way of Abilene, 1996 Campaign Chair; 1997 Chairman of the Board; 2010 Volunteer Service Award
- Baptist Loan Corporation, Dallas, Texas, Chairman of the Board 1998 – 1999
- Abilene Industrial Foundation, Chairman of the Board 2005 – 2007
- First Financial Bank, N.A., Advisory Director
- Community Foundation of Abilene, Chairman of the Board 2008 – 2010
- Hendrick Home for Children, Trustee
- Development Corporation of Abilene, President and Chairman of the Board 2010 – 2014
- Alpha Tau Omega