Matt Mercer joined the firm as a shareholder August 1, 2014. Matt previously had a solo-practice serving Abilene and the surrounding communities for 8 years where he exclusively handled Elder Law which includes Estate Planning, Probate, Guardianship and Long Term Care matters. Prior to his solo practice Matt worked as an Assistant D.A. for two years and with another firm for one.
Matt graduated from McMurry University in Abilene in 1998 and received his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2002.
Current Employment Position(s):
Areas of Practice:
- Business Organizations
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate Estate & Trust
- Texas, 2002
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas, 2002 – J.D.
- McMurry University, Abilene Texas, 1998 – B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Abilene Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Habitat for Humanity, Abilene, Board Member 2010-2012, Executive Board 2011,2012
- Adult Protective Services – Partners Board, Board Member 2010-2012, Executive Board (2011,2012)
- Leadership Abilene, 2010